Updates From The AGM
Thirty of our members attended our AGM. We really appreciated your time, as well as your useful comments and questions. The public meeting was also well attended with a full room.
Please see the full minutes and the Chair's report on our downloads page. Some headlines:-
- The management committee stood down, and were reelected by the members
- Phillip Hunt joined the committee- welcome, and thank you.
- The chair, Adrian Nagle, gave his report to the members giving a brief history of where we started, the progress made to date and the plans for the future.
- All members were given a copy of the annual accounts for 2018, and Debbie Tomkins gave a report of the important points contained within the accounts. These were adopted.
- Kelly Rix, the volunteer coordinator, Bronwen Barns the retail lead, and Vic Tomkins the membership secretary were introduced. Welcome to the family.
- The next steps were outlined - freehold for the land to be transferred to the Parish Council, the walls of the garden to be made safe (Parish Council(, and then the build. The build is a modular construction, and will take around ten weeks.
- Members asked questions about the Post Office (which is confirmed), shop products, the consideration of people with disabilities and dietary needs and the café capacity.
We aim for the shop, café and garden to be open by Christmas 2019
Please contact us with any queries, or to volunteer your time and expertise in any capacity. We welcome your help.