Types of data we collectWe may collect the following information about you:
- your name
- your contact details: postal address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on The Walled Garden Community Shop & Café website
- when you purchase shares or goods, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with The Walled Garden Community Shop & Cafe
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to our team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
When someone visits our website and other social media we are linked to, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Wi-FiWe will offer wifi at The Walled Garden Community Shop & Café. When you use our Wi-Fi, we may collect data about:
a) your device;
b) the volume of data which you use;
c) the websites and applications which you access; and
d) your usage by access time, frequency and location.
Mailing ListsAs part of the registration process for information about our shop & café, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our Marketing team via our website or social media pages.